[Tagging] Mistagging footways as highway=pedestrian

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:20:03 UTC 2019

čet, 28. velj 2019. u 14:15 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
napisao je:

> We do not need a new tag to retag situations where highway=pedestrian is
> misused. There is already highway=footway that should be used for ways
> which are not actual "roads" but smaller.

I agree, but we have a practical problem with people that think that this:
https://images.mapillary.com/QQXg40ewDRF6hsi0jNGhzA/thumb-2048.jpg

cannot be tagged the same as this:
https://images.mapillary.com/53iC9URhRKV_gYsxbF4ZYw/thumb-2048.jpg

People look at the first photo as a little street, not as a footway. It
also probably has a name xx street.
Both are really footways, but the resemblance ends there. I think adding
footway=alley to the first one would make sense to people, and maybe then
they will stop with wrong tagging.

Janko