[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:28:37 UTC 2019

I'm trying to go for the minimal tagging that supports the most of the use
cases. Which is a node tagged highway=trailhead. It's up to mappers /
communities if and how they will apply and embed that according to local,
regional or country-specific needs or definitions. Or maybe decide it's not
useful in that situation at all.

If that's in place, rendering on much used maps and usage for
applications/websites is possible. I think it's useful and will promote it
as the next step, but it's up to the renderers and data users to decide.

Once that has been achieved, we can discuss expanding to include trailhead
areas, trailhead site relations to show which facilities, amenities and
route types the trailhead sports, etcetera. I think the defintions thing
will play a heavy role there... looking forward to it, because that's much
more interesting than minimal tagging. Could be that the Dutch trailheads
would have to be re-defined and retagged as sites of type trailhead or TOP
or whatever: if that is the consensus outcome, I will gladly do that for
this country. I'm a hikerbikertrailliker, so it's sort of my thing.

That's how I think to move this thing forward. If we start with the in
depth discussion of all aspects, nothing's gonna happen.

Vr gr Peter Elderson