[Tagging] Trail register

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 03:02:47 UTC 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 07:23, Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:

> On 1/4/2019 4:10 PM, Kevin Kenny wrote:
>
> > Has anyone here tagged anything similar to the case I have in mind of,
> > do it?"
>
> Personally I'd be inclined to ignore the legal thou-shalt-sign-in
> aspects here and simply tag the register because it's a good landmark.
> Probably just "man_made=trail_register", keep it simple and unambiguous.

We have a similar'ish set-up where you sometimes have to pay to take your
car into various National Parks :-(

You can either get an annual / long-term permit, or buy a day-pass on
entering the Park, usually located with an info board, where you enter your
name & vehicle details, pay your money & get a tag that must be displayed
on your vehicle "or else" :-(, so something to show where the spot is would
be a good idea.

Maybe man_made / tourism / leisure=registration_point?

Thanks

Graeme