[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 12:45:36 UTC 2019

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 at 13:08, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

> To make this clear once again since this continues to be forgotten:  The
> meaning of tags in OSM does not necessarily have anything to do with
> the culture specific definition of the terms used for key and value
> from some dictionary.

I'm aware of this. I just wanted to be be sure that i don't introduce
a tag that overlaps with the definition of another OSM tag – in this
case natural=cape. But as natural=cape has almost exclusively been
used for costal extreme points, there doesn't seem to be an overlap,
even without the requirement of an isthmus.