[Tagging] amenity=taxi vehicle type

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Jan 5 23:25:02 UTC 2019

On 05.01.2019 23:55, Warin wrote:
> But 'type' does not say much. Better to specify what type of 'type' is to be used :)
>
> In this case it is the type of vehicle.. so taxi_vehicle= car/motorcycle/rickshaw/* ?

Thanks, I consider that the best idea so far!

On 05.01.2019 16:13, Dolly Andriatsiferana wrote:
 > wouldn't it be preferable using a different value of amenity=* or
 > something else and leave amenity=taxi for "taxis"?

Using a new amenity value for a feature that we currently have about 300x in the database
leads to further tag fragmentation. According to previous discussion the alternative vehicles
are indeed called motorcycle taxi etc.

So, amenity=taxi lets the data consumer evaluate individual transportation for hire, and
taxi_vehicle specifies it in more detail.

tom