[Tagging] Creating shop=caravan

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 22:34:22 UTC 2019

Recently asked what to tag some things as, including a business selling
caravans.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 at 02:37, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-12-28 at 16:36 +1000, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
>

> & yards dedicated to caravan sales? I can find shop=car
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop=car, which says it's a place
> that sells cars, buses or trucks. Perhaps shop=caravan?
>

> Shop=caravan has over 100 uses, so why not?

With fear & trepidation :-) I am about to try & create a page shop=caravan,
then put it up for further discussion.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still unclear on the details
(& from previous discussions, a lot of other people are as well :-()

The page would be fairly similar to shop=car
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dcar, so that sounds like a
good basis to start with.

If I just open that page, "Edit source", change value=car to value=caravan,
then save that, I'm fairly sure that will create a shop=caravan page ready
for further editing, but will the original shop=car page still exist?

Is there a better way to create a new page?

Thanks

Graeme