[Tagging] Facts and opinions

Wolfgang Zenker wolfgang at lyxys.ka.sub.org
Mon Jan 7 21:52:47 UTC 2019

* Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com> [190107 16:12]:
> And on “the wiki”, I have basically given up on the OSM wiki [..].
> If something is “not documented on the wiki” that means nothing because the wiki is not documentation.

That sounds kind of weird, because the Wiki basically only exists to be
used for documentation of the OpenStreetMap project. Care to tell us
where you would expect to find documentation? And by documentation, I
mean things like explaining concepts, how to do and not do things,
examples, etc.
Taginfo supplies only a tiny subset of what mappers need as documentation,
so where to get the rest if not the Wiki?

Curious,
Wolfgang
( lyx @ osm )