[Tagging] Tagging of amenity=kindergarten operated by charitable operators and organisations

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Jan 7 22:12:54 UTC 2019

On 07.01.2019 19:08, Volker Schmidt wrote:
>     if it is a religion related operator, I usually also add religion and denomination tags, i.e. in
>     your Caritas example it would be
>     religion=christian
>     denomination=catholic
>

> I would not be sure how to handle this:
> Are these "access" tags, in the sense that (in the example) the kindergarten only accepts Roman
> Catholic children, or is it only indicating the religious background of the institution, but they
> accept children with other religious backgrounds as well.

I have never considered the 'religion' tag as an access tag. Typically I can freely enter a PoW, and
listen to the ceremony, without being a member of that community or believe in that religion.

Similarly, educational institutions in my scope mostly accept children with different background, in
particular if the receive state funding. E.g. Ireland, the majority of the schools is operated by
the catholic church, and as a recipient of public funding they have to accept everybody, equally.

Back to Konrad's question, any better ideas to tag the name of the operator's umbrella organisation?
I drafted:
 > operator:umbrella=* would be more suitable, or more self-explanatory but longer
 > operator:umbrella_organisation=*

tom