[Tagging] Allotments plot / lot tagging and ref?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:34:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 21:51, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

The Vienna allotments don’t seem to fit our wiki definition, but I think
> they may have started out as allotment gardens years ago and evolved into
> residential areas over time?

Back when I mapped some allotments, about a year ago, I came across
something in the
wiki saying that allotment plots shouldn't be confused with some other type
of plot (or maybe
it was some other type of allotment) which seems similar to what you
describe for Vienna,
except I vaguely remember it was in Russia (but I could well be
misremembering).  I can't find
it again, so it's probably been edited out of the wiki.

But i did find the Wikipedia entry about allotments, and the stuff about
the Russian
equivalent seems to confirm my vague memories and what you describe for
Vienna
allotments: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)#Russia
It's quite amusing
to think of all the Russian oligarchs living in garden sheds on allotments.

--
Paul