[Tagging] Changeset tag for issue closing

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:51:58 UTC 2019

iD now integrates with the KeepRight Q/A tool.. This is pretty great, and you should try it out:
https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/1081398222176817152 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/1081398222176817152>

But I have a tagging question.

As we roll out this feature, as well as other Q/A tool integrations, some people would like to be able to have the issues that they are closing appear in their changeset comment, or hashtag, or some other tag.

It seems like the obvious solution - adding a changeset comment like “closes #keepright-123” - is ok but not great.  It doesn’t really say what the user did, and we will quickly run into the 255 char limit if the user closes a lot of issues.

So I’m thinking of introducing changeset tags like “closes:xxxxx=123;456;789” where xxxxx can be a tracking service like “keepright”, “osmose”, “improveosm”, “maproulette” or any other issue tracker we want to connect iD to.

Thoughts?

Reply here or on  https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/5679 <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/5679>

If there aren’t any serious objections, I’ll probably add this in a few days.

Thanks!
Bryan