[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:35:41 UTC 2019

I think we need to map peninsulas in three ways, as nodes, areas, and ways.

Areas when the land border is obvious. Nodes for little ones, when you
don't have time to draw an area and the shape of the peninsula is obvious.
Then there are ways, when the peninsula is huge, or when the land border
isn't obvious, like the Italian peninsula or the Peninsula of India. I made
a proposal for mapping peninsulas as ways:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Peninsula

Janko