[Tagging] Tagging of amenity=kindergarten operated by charitable operators and organisations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:55:30 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 7. Jan 2019, at 19:08, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are these "access" tags, in the sense that (in the example) the kindergarten only accepts Roman Catholic children, or is it only indicating the religious background of the institution, but they accept children with other religious backgrounds as well.

these are not access tags, they convey a connection of a feature to a specific religion, similar as a place of worship. I would expect them to accept other children as well, but often the parents would not want to send their offspring to a place with a strong influence of a foreign religion. There are also edge cases, e.g. a kindergarten operated by scientology in Germany: scientology is not a charity in Germany and I am not sure whether they are recognized as a religion, but I think they are not, while in other countries they might be

Cheers, Martin