[Tagging] Facts and opinions

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:50:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 8:04 PM Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s not documentation.  It’s just a bunch of prescriptive advice by random people.  Most of the  people involved don’t even work on software.  They’re just really into tagging and arguing, and I don’t have time for it.

Wow, you leave me speechless. Not the attitude that I expect from a
developer of one of the major editors of OSM. Developer of editors
should write software that supports the tagging schemas defined by the
mappers, not enforce their idea of tagging based on a design decision
they made for their software (as Simon pointed out before).