[Tagging] Quick Building tracing question...

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Jan 10 02:42:18 UTC 2019

I am tracing and repairing existing traces of warehouses in an industrial district.

Many of the warehouses have large (3-6m) roofs over the loading dock gates, making the building appear bigger.

here is an example.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/494766956 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/494766956>

if I am mapping this kind of warehouses, which should I:

- map the whole structure as a warehouse

- map on the building portion as a warehouse (as I have done)

- map the building as a warehouse and map an attached polygon as the roof (which I haven’t done yet).

I am going to spend the time cleaning up UltimaSnorlax’s bad polygons, I might a well draw them correctly the first time.

Javbw