[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:08:25 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:45 AM Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:
> highway=trailhead on a node at a (visibly) designated or customary location for starting one or more trails.

So how do we translate the American idea of trail (head) to Belgium
and The Netherlands.
Maybe for you it is clear, but I still have no idea what is we should
consider a trail in Belgium or The Netherlands.

Are the following items trailheads ?

- parkings near Hoge Veluwe (NL), Zoniƫnwoud, Kalmthoutse Heide and
any other nature reserve. Many nature reserves in Flanders are very
small and you cannot walk for hours in them unless you run in circles.
- parkings near parks (Park van Tervuren) or "landgoed (NL)" (aka manors ?)
- many signed circular walks start at the square or the church in
little villages, are they trailheads ? What about the ones starting in
the bigger towns ?
- any place where you can start walking on the walking networks ?
- what about MTB trails or cycling networks ?
- parkings near the beaches/dunes ?

m.