[Tagging] Creating shop=caravan

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:41:38 UTC 2019

On 16 January 2019 05:26:23 GMT, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>Michael Patrick:
>> What's a 'Horse Float' under RVs? https://i.gifer.com/SC79.gif
>> Seriously, this term is a great example of a regional difference. In
>the U.S., it's equine dental / foot care.
>On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:57 PM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In Australia a 'horse float' is a trailer to carry horses form one
>place to another pulled by a car/4WD.
>> Frequently used to carry other animals/things too. But designed for
>horses, usually equipped for  2 horses.
>Ah. In the US we say just, 'horse trailer.'  The only time I think we
>use 'float' in anything near that sense is 'parade float' - an
>elaborately decorated vehicle taking part in a parade, often carrying
>performers or dignitaries.
In British English we would use horse box for a trailer intended for carrying horses.

A float is the same, used in carnivals, but it also used to be a slow electric vehicle for delivering milk. I haven't seen one for years so assume they are long gone.

Phil (trigpoint) 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

More information about the Tagging mailing list