[Tagging] Drain vs ditch

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:15:48 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 16. Jan 2019, at 10:39, Eugene Podshivalov <yaugenka at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No need to introduce any new tags.

While I mostly agree with your interpretations, there are still some problems:
what about lined irrigation channels?

Can you jump over a drain or ditch? I find the jump over information well chosen for streams and most important property when actually walking in an area and trying to find a way through.

Somehow it is not satisfactory to distinguish irrigation from drainage for lined watercourses on the main level, but not for others (ditches and canals).

 I’d say the main issue is with “drain” because if we’d define it for irrigation as well it would be an oxymoron

Cheers, Martin