[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:30:22 UTC 2019

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 21:41, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

> * it would to my knowledge be a first in the whole OSM tagging system
> that defines a tag through an arbitrary numerical limit.

place=islet and place=island.  Islets are smaller than 1 km², islands are
larger than 1 km².

place=hamlet, typically less than 100-200 inhabitants.

place=village, typically 1,000-10,000 inhabitants.

So it's not the first tag with an arbitrary numerical limit.  One could
argue that place=island
should be natural=island.  One could wonder what to call a place with
201-999 inhabitants.
But those are side-issues.  OSM already has tags with arbitrary numerical
limits.

--
Paul