[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:19:59 UTC 2019

To complicate matters, long hiking routes and cycling routes are
increasingy routed using the node networks. On the web you'll find a series
of node numbers, in between nodes ypu follow the node network waymarks.
Any node servicing one of these trails might be considered a trailhead. In
Nederland, a lot of nodes (many thousands instead of a few hundreds) would
then qualify! That's why in Nederland we need to give additional guidelines.

Just a node, that's a navigational aid, correct. A node with extra
facilities, dedicated to transfer from car to routes, that might qualify in
Nederland.

Other countries, different guidelines, I'm sure.

Fr gr Peter Elderson