[Tagging] Feature Proposal – RFC – natural=peninsula (Was: Feature Proposal – RFC – place=peninsula)

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Sat Jan 19 21:59:00 UTC 2019

On Saturday 19 January 2019, Markus wrote:

> > I don't know what you understand 'headland' to mean here.
>
> A piece of land that projects into a body of water.

Sounds like a peninsula to me.

In case that is still unclear:

A natural=cape feature is sometimes located on a peninsula - but it does
not have to be.  And there can be multiple natural=cape on the same
peninsula - famous example are Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope on Cape
Peninsula.  And there are plenty of capes located nowhere near what you
might classify a peninsula (several of my original samples are such
cases).

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/