[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Sun Jan 20 18:32:24 UTC 2019

Hello, there.

All is in the title: when hiking in a forest (I mean, an area considered as a forest by authorities), I often encounter other landcovers, like scrubs in recently teared down parcels, or scree in the mountains. These area, although, clearly and morphologically, not a forest, are still mapped as such, as they are considered to be part of the forest and are treated this may, but they are morphologically not the forest: the forest is the area administratively regarded as such, but it is not always the case; if I want, for instance, to map them as a scrub area of the forest, as the polygons overlapped, they are rendered in a mixed way. Is there a recommended way of handling such cases without broking display? If so, what are they? The landcover tag? boundary=forest_compartment? Another?

Awaiting your answers,

Regards.