[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:04:22 UTC 2019

On 21/01/19 16:47, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> > “Once you combine the OSM keys and values of landuse=forest and
> compare it to natural=wood I think most will agree there is a difference,”
>
> I certainly do, but I’m a native speaker of English (though not the
> British variety).
>
> Many speakers of other languages just search for an English word in an
> online traslation service and then stick that into the editor to find
> a tag.

I would hope the OSM wiki would be better than that. It certainly could
be a better method for mappers looking for some correct tags.

I recently came across 'sport=paddleboard' (non english speaking palce)
and thought of table tennis .. contacted the mapper and no it is ....in
my local version of English, a 'rescue board' used by surf life savers
to rescue people.
Yes they do have completions for it, but no permanent infrastructure
here so it does not get mapped. Only one instance in OSM so no wiki page
for it.