[Tagging] Fwd: Re: Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:34:33 UTC 2019

I might be missing something in these threads, but I would expect...

for managed forest areas with unknown or unspecified use:
landuse=forestry

for managed forest areas used primarily to grow wood as timber/fuel/... or
anything else:
landuse=forestry
+ forestry = logging/timber/leisure/wildlife/*

This kind of scheme seems to allow incremental mapping which is in my
opinion desirable.

-- althio