[Tagging] Fwd: Re: Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:02:11 UTC 2019

I don't like landuse=logging as the top-level tag, partly because I
live in an area where forests are indeed managed for other uses (for
example, a 'sugar bush' managed to grow maple trees for syrup and
sugar). There are also a number of forest parcels for which the
signage makes the fact of management clear, but determining the
purpose may require more research. It's best to have the mapper be
able to map *something* even if it's imprecise.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:05 AM marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > forestry = logging/timber/leisure/wildlife/*
> I didn't understand very well what you mean with forestry=wildlife

In North America there are many 'wildlife management areas' or 'game
management areas' that are managed to produce game species (deer,
turkeys, pheasant, ducks, ...) for hunting.