[Tagging] Forest parcel with other landcover (scrub, scree…): how to map?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:50:06 UTC 2019

“an isolated "village" with only a few hundred people in it, but which is
the main centre for this area will be a town, & maybe even a city?”

It’s not possible to have “town” level services with less than 1000 people.
A town has a major market (retail area) serving the surrounding area, as
well as basic educational, cultural and government facilities.

Similarly, a city must have more than a few thousand people, if it has a
hospital, university, transportation hub (port / airport etc), government
and business offices, and so on.