[Tagging] Clarification of fire_hydrant:diameter

Viking viking81 at tin.it
Thu Jan 24 18:02:27 UTC 2019

Hello,
as pointed out here [1], we need to clarify the meaning of  fire_hydrant:diameter=*.
We need to know which was the original meaning of this tag, because we probably misunderstood it when we rewrote fire hydrant page.
In Italy fire hydrant signboard doesn't report any diameter: the only diameter that you can read is printed on the cast iron pillar and it is the diameter of the flanged connection to the underground pipe.
Which diameter is instead reported on the signboard in other countries? And should we put this data in fire_hydrant:diameter?

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:emergency%3Dfire_hydrant#Clarification_of_diameter

Best regards,
Alberto

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.