[Tagging] weight limit in short tons

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 00:32:58 UTC 2019

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 00:09, Sergio Manzi <smz at smz.it> wrote:

> I've also always known them as "short ton" and "long ton" and I agree
> whith your choice, but...
>
> actually "short ton" and "long ton" are the terms used in the U.S., while
> AFAIK Brits distinguish between "imperial ton" and "cental ton", so maybe
> we have a problem...

Yeah, in the UK we're more likely to use "imperial ton" if we need to make
it clear we're talking
about our ton and not the Merkin one.  But (theoretically) the UK doesn't
use imperial tons any
more because they were excluded from terms used for trade in 1985.  The UK
went metric
(apart from road signs in miles and beverages in pints).

I have no idea what a "cental ton" is.  Should I drink more covfefe?

It might not be a problem if we can get editor presets to offer
UK/US/metric tons as options
and do the work behind the scenes.  Or perhaps we now understand why the
wiki said
metric units only. :)

--
Paul