[Tagging] crossing=cycleway as a node

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Sun Jan 27 22:59:52 UTC 2019

If I understand it correctly, you have 2 higways (both with cycleway=lane) that connect at a node further away, but cycles should cross at that point, before the point where motor traffic merge into one way.

In that point I'd probably draw a cycleway (no motor traffic, no pedestrian) between the two merging highways (just between two nodes of each one). I'd also remove cycling traffic from the remaining part of the two merging highways.

That will "explode" the merging of the two highways into a triangle with one side reserved to cycles and the two others for motor traffic: I think this fairly describe the situation in the field too...

Sergio