[Tagging] crossing=cycleway as a node

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:59:05 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > On 27. Jan 2019, at 12:29, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > But often, the cycleway crossing the road is not mapped. How would you
> > map a bicycle only crossing if the parallel cycleway is mapped as
> > cycleway=lane on the highway=x ?
>

> foot=no on the highway=crossing node
> Also if the cycleway is mapped explicitly it would make sense (if it were forbidden for pedestrians to cross the street there), because it could still mean there’s an implicit footway crossing otherwise.

foot=no means that pedestrians cannot pass that node for any way
passing through the node, not ?

so if you have

representing a way in OSM, and foot=yes on the way (can be implicit),
but foot=no on the X representing the bicycle crossing, pedestrians
cannot pass point 'X'.
At least that is how I understand the current access rules in OSM.