[Tagging] club=scout for similar organisations

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:12:28 UTC 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 13:57, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/01/19 13:02, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
>
> On Jan 31, 2019, at 10:17 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are, or were 'cubs' for the younger people, 'rovers' for the older
> people, guides for the girls ....
>

> yea - Brownies, Wheblos, Venture scouts, etc.  There are tons of them just
> for Boy & Girl scouts.
>
> the entire category seems to be called “scouting” or “Guiding”
>
> There are several hundred names listed here in this category.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_groups_in_Scouting_and_Guiding
>
> The name will give a good indication.
>
> club=youth
> youth=*

Slightly different, but also related ...

Both my sons went through the Australian Air Force Cadets
http://www.aafc.org.au/

It was emphasised that "The Australian Air Force Cadets (AAFC) is a youth
oriented organisation that is administered and actively supported by the
Royal Australian Air Force.", but they are NOT military in any way, with
the same applying to both Army & Navy Cadets.

Once upon a time, Cadets was a way of starting early training for those
kids who were interested in a military career but that was stopped in the
1980s - 90s, as the Government of the day apparently didn't want to be seen
to be turning children into war-mongers & trained killers!

I don't know, but would assume that the same thing would apply for similar
groups in other countries?

So they would also come under the heading of
club=youth
youth=*

Thanks

Graeme