[Tagging] New sections added to "Good Practice" page?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 15:19:43 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 11:54, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> somes mapper use street_vendor=yes

Reasonable for the mobile chip shop and mobile burger shop near me.  Both
vehicles that are
towed by car into place before they open and towed away when they close.
Reasonable to the
ferry ticket both near me that's towed into place at the start of the
tourist season and towed away
at the end.

Doesn't really work for a mobile library or a mobile bank.  Street_lender,
maybe, but not
street_vendor.

Doesn't really work for the restaurant on a boat near me.  It's not parked
on or by a street.  It's
accessed by a footpath, not a street.

Yes, we could change the wiki so that street_vendor covers all the above,
but then we have
a misleading tag which will not be used in cases where it should be because
it seems wrong.

--
Paul