[Tagging] Reservation= or booking= for campsites etc?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:34:42 UTC 2019

While making the new page for tourism=camp_pitch, I noticed that
"booking=*" is recommended to be used with tourism=camp_site, but the
similar tag "reservation=*" has been used for many more years and
several times more frequently. Both are not very common yet.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:booking
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:reservation

Is there any reason to prefer "booking=*" instead of "reservation=*"?
I'm inclined to think of "booking=*" as a synonym that should be
deprecated, unless it is preferred in British English for certain
features?

-Joseph