[Tagging] one feature one element

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 10:33:24 UTC 2019

On 04/07/19 20:09, Janko Mihelić wrote:
> I've been tagging it with an empty amenity=school polygon around
> everything, and then two points with amenity=school + name=* + all the
> other specific tagging.

I too have used similar.
Usually a polygon/way with one school on it and then a node inside it
for the other school, or schools if more than one.

> But if mapped like that, a data consumer would see 3 schools. I like
> your solution with overlapping multipolygons.
>
> Janko

On one occasion I have separated then into 2 separate ways, I am certain
that some of each area will be shared from time to time, but it seams to
be a good compromise. Every other time I have not had any reasonable
chance of doing this.

Most people would consider amenity=school to be a land use, along with
other tags such as leisure=recreation_ground.