[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - waterway=tidal_channel

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 12:53:22 UTC 2019

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for having relevantly chosen a different word from canal.

One question, which doesn't necessarily imply error on the current version
of the proposal
How are handled the concepts of intermittence and direction of the flow in
the tagging?
Should we use intermittent=yes and direction=both, or are they implied by
waterway=tidal_channel?

Id' find interesting to only recommend the use of intermittent=yes on
channels which are fully empty at low tide time.
Other channels will have a lower level but won't be empty.

Let me know how do you feel about this

All the best

François