[Tagging] Removing an ATM

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 9 15:23:52 UTC 2019

On 09/07/2019 14:04, MARLIN LUKE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've read in the wiki (and on this list) that it's best to avoid loosing history.

This refers to the edit history of an object ie How many times it's been
amended, by whom, & what got changed.

> I have an ATM mapped in a street which does not exist anymore (apparently since 2014).
>
> Should I:
>
> -Remove the point altogether and lose the history?

Yes.
From: https://www.openstreetmap.org/welcome

"OpenStreetMap is a place for mapping things that are both /real and
current"/

If it doesn't exist in the real world then it shouldn't exist in OSM.

Even after you remove it the database still has a record of it's existence.

DaveF