[Tagging] shop=window(s) incorrectly deprecated in favor of craft=window_construction ?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:03:16 UTC 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 16:44, Tobias Zwick <osm at westnordost.de> wrote:

> I always thought that there is no norm for standard sizes of windows, so
> every window is made to measure. (And in case of a larger construction
> project, then 1000s of windows are made with the same measure)
> Is this not true after all?

A housing estate may standardize on a particular size, but on a wider scale
there is no
standard (that I know of).

However, it is increasingly common that windows are built in a factory
somewhere in the
middle of nowhere and orders for those windows are taken in shops in urban
centres.  There
are still places in towns that cut glass, fashion frames and assemble
windows, but often it's
just a place that takes orders which they send off to the factory.

--
Paul