[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 07:12:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:50 AM Pee Wee <piewie32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand but numbers don't always say much. A great part of this number is caused by an (afaik  undocumentend and highly arbitrary)  import in the city of Tilburg

and how many private, residential gardens are mapped (around the
world) without this type tag? This number is pretty hard to determine,
but should be taken into account if you want to change a definition
from 2010.

Why would a private garden require a different key? Do we tag a
private wood / forest in a different way than one that is accessible
by the public? Do private parking lots get a different amenity-key ?
No, we refine this with additional tags.
This method can be applied to private gardens as well.

regards