[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:50:12 UTC 2019

On 12/07/19 19:02, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> 12 Jul 2019, 10:11 by 61sundowner at gmail.com:
>
>     On 12/07/19 17:25, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>

>         sent from a phone
>
>             On 12. Jul 2019, at 09:12, Marc Gemis
>             <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>             Why would a private garden require a different key? Do we
>             tag a
>             private wood / forest in a different way than one that is
>             accessible
>             by the public? Do private parking lots get a different
>             amenity-key ?
>             No, we refine this with additional tags.
>             This method can be applied to private gardens as well.
>

>         For some features we do distinguish, for others not. For
>         example a private bathroom, trash can or water tap would not
>         be tagged like a publicly accessible one (we put generally
>         more focus on usability/accessibility than on ownership).
>

>     Where are these private bathroom/s, trash can/s and water tap/s
>     you mention Martin?
>
> Public toilet: amenity=toilets
> Private toilet: not tagged (so not tagged
> like a public one)
>
> I am unable to link to well tagged private
> toilets as in this case private tagging
> is to not map it.

A similar logic would have private roads not mapped. Yet they are.
Same for private buildings, farm yards, woods, beaches and so on.

There is a local yearly garden exhibition that opens up private gardens.
Only some gardens and of those not every year. So it is not possible to
state an 'opening' time, but it is possible to map them as
leisure=garden, access=private.