[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 08:15:10 UTC 2019

Residential gardens in Nederland, as along as people refer to those as "My
front garden" even when completely paved to support one tree-in-a-pot,  are
leisure things. From the air you commonly see rows of houses with strips of
green in front and back, so it would make sense to tag the gardens
different than the residential area. Access and use is mostly restricted,
but that doesn't change the leisure function. You could discern types and
qualities. I wouldnt go that far myself.

When planning recreational routes, this would help me decide which areas to
include.

Vr gr Peter Elderson