[Tagging] Once more: the village_green - increase in misuse.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:41:18 UTC 2019

  As Kevin Kenny says.

The key 'landuse' is big misused for land covers.

And this predominately is because of the tag landuse=grass.
While this exists OSM can expect the key 'landuse' to be used (misused)
for land covers of all descriptions.

If the key 'landuse' is only used for the human use of the land - free
of any hint of the cover then there may be some hope of resolving
'village_green'.
In Australia there is the 'village common' - land held for common use,
this might get away form the 'green' aspect of grass. The rendering
colour could also be closer to that of schools and hospitals, again away
from the colour green.