[Tagging] Fuel octane ratings: RON versus AKI

Nita S. nitagurrl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 21:51:39 UTC 2019

Without attempting to complicate this subject further, there is the issue
that some fuels ( same octane rating) do not contain ethanol. Around here
those are referred to as 'marine fuel', because the absence of ethanol
helps prevent moisture collecting in the fuel tanks. Those few stations
that carry marine fuel also carry the common variety with ethanol.