[Tagging] Tagging of State Parks in the US

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 05:51:37 UTC 2019

I didn’t realize that all of the protect_class>6 values were invented for
osm. In that case, I see no reason to use any values for protect_class
above 7.

None of the higher values is used very frequently, and it’s impossible for
me to remember which each one means, especially the values from 21 to 27.

I think it would be easier for everyone if we created new tags for specific
things like protected recreation areas, protected historic or cultural
sites and protected sacred sites, as has been done with
boundary=aboriginal_lands

Joseph