[Tagging] New page "Approval status" for "de facto", "in use", "approved" etc

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 06:37:25 UTC 2019

Err .. sent to tagging list, so response here. Not to worry, a little more chatter.
(Should there be a wiki edit list? Or would 'we' all then have to join that well as the tagging list? Anyone not want to be part of the discussions on wiki edits possibly of relevance to tagging? )

On 29/07/19 16:13, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:

> (Not sent to tagging list)
>
> I think the idea was that a tree with a proper name is an important /
> landmark tree?
>
> Perhaps you crazy Europeans name your special trees, eg King George's Oak?
>
> The other suggestion was to use "landmark=yes" but this key is also
> not recommended. Someone needs to check how denotation=cluster is
> actually used now days.

Correct. I looked it up.  :)

The key denotation is meant for special trees .. see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:denotation

So I have changed the wiki again . to simply direct 'special tree' tagging to that page.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:denotation%3Dcluster

If people want to mention names .. the denotation page would be the better place for it.