[Tagging] Are disused=yes and abandoned=yes deprecated by disused:key=value & abandoned:key=value?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jul 29 20:18:33 UTC 2019

29 Jul 2019, 18:34 by joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com:

> Ok, it's clear that these tags are not deprecated.
>
> Are they "in use" then?

I would say that use is deprecated for things like shop=* and in use
for things like quarries, buildings, adits, bunkers etc

> According to https://taghistory.raifer.tech they've both increased in
> number by about 3500 features in the past 12 months. In comparison,
> disused:shop=* has been added about 3000 times in the same time
> period.

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org//search?q=disused%3A <https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org//search?q=disused%3A>

Not sure about growth, but usage for disused:railway and disused:amenity
is higher than of disused=shop.

There is also disused:highway, disused:aeroway, disused:landuse with a decent use.