[Tagging] Are disused=yes and abandoned=yes deprecated by disused:key=value & abandoned:key=value?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:55:15 UTC 2019

On 30/07/19 02:55, Dave F via Tagging wrote:
> I believe the main reason isn't (& probably shouldn't) deprecated is
> that it allows entities which are unused but still physically there,
> to be rendered. disused:*=* aren't rendered on the 'standard' render.

That is a problem with that particular render. It is not a tagging problem.

If that particular render failed to display some other feature .. would
mappers then resort to tagging it some other way so it renders on that
particular render???

It appears that in order to get mappers to use the correct tagging one
particular render has to stop showing the 'obsolete' and 'depreciated' tags.
Similarly for incorrect mapping of relations with shared ways etc etc.

Mean while I am using tags that simply don't render on that particular
render .. because they are the absolutely correct tags to use for those
features.
I think too many are 'tagging for one renderer'.