[Tagging] lanes = 0

Jérôme Seigneuret jerome.seigneuret at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 10:31:08 UTC 2019

Please don't use lanes=0. That don't make sense! If there is a road marked
or not there is one lane without oneway. lanes=0 is same as virtual road.
Maritime road isn't marked and there is one lane in database (implicitly).
This is a real word abstraction! Rules are etablished to work with this
database. Oneway=reversible is an other way. This is a condition to pass
because circulation work with conditional traffic_sign. If there is no
condtional that can be lane=1 and if you twice to arrived in this point you
shall apply civility rules.
On area there is no represation of lane. all area is defaut one lane. there
is no direction that is the problem to use it with routing parameters
specificty for foot

Le mer. 3 juil. 2019 à 00:31, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:59:27PM +1000, Warin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > There are a few uses of lanes=0... I would think these are errors. Even
> if
> > unmarked a road would have at least one lane otherwise it is not really a
> > road.
> >

> > But looking at tag info there are a fair few uses fo it in various
> > locations. So ... what is it used for?
>
> this might also be something like an attempt at oneway=reversible
>
> Richard

Cordialement,
Jérôme Seigneuret