[Tagging] A modest proposal to increase the usefulness of the tagging list

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:11:50 UTC 2019

LS
I agree that email is not the best tool for discussions. The main thing for
me is that the world of email is no longer limited to one mailer. It is not
possible to make them all thread and separate and quote exactly as I would
like. Basically, it's just a list of mails without any logical order.

The OSM forum is not the best forum you could imagine, but it works much
better for keeping track of discussions and outcomes, including threading,
limited quoting, searching, back-reading, and starting spin-off subjects.
And it works on all devices, without having to tame all of them separately
(which I am not even allowed to do on many of them). Moderating a forum is
also much easier.

So I would be very much in favour of moving to the forum.

Vr gr Peter Elderson