[Tagging] Irrigation: usage=irrigation vs irrigation=yes [Was Irrigation: ditches, canals and drains]

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:09:20 UTC 2019

Apparently I was not clear enough. There is no main usage, except keeping
water levels in all parts of the polders within very narrow range. All else
varies according to varying needs, wishes and opportunities. If it rains a
lot, the whole system drains. If it doesn't rain at all, the whole system
irrigates. If it rains exactly the amount that evaporates and leaks, the
system just holds water. In the meantime you can use the bigger ditches and
canals for human things like boating, fishing and small transport.

Vr gr Peter Elderson