[Tagging] refugee camp

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Thu Jun 6 18:33:29 UTC 2019

On 6/6/2019 12:58 PM, marc marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in our operation to fix campsite errors, there are several
> cases of refugee camps.
> some have temporarily abused tourism=camp_site to get a rendering
> and be able to use standard applications (I can understand, lives
> are impacted), but after a few years after the first use,
> we should find something better.
>
> what would be a better tag/value ?

There are 40 instances of social_facility=refugee_camp, and 18 of
social_facility=refugee_housing. But IMO "refugee" really belongs under
the social_facility:for tag (nb social_facility:for=refugees is about 4
times as popular as social_facility:for=refugee, but the singular
version is more consistent with usual tagging practices.)

For the primary tag you could go with social_facility=group_home or
social_facility=shelter, but they don't seem quite right. I'd suggest
something like social_facility=temporary_housing.

Jason