[Tagging] New description of waterway=pressurised

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 23:12:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 08:59:08PM +0000, marc marc wrote:
> I don't understand the logic of changing the meaning of a tag recently
> validated by a proposal without prior consultation.
> a natural siphon was before your modification a waterway=pressurised,
> now no more.
>
> the fact that the approved proposal did not want to go into the details
> of speologies is not a sufficient argument.
>
> the fact that some contributors do not know if the whole underground
> part of the river is a syphon or not is not a sufficient argument
> either, in this case it is sufficient to use location=underground as
> proposed in the image of the propal.
> but if someone knows that a section is a pressurized siphon, it's a good
> thing he refine the info

The idea that you should map anything in a natural cave as "pressurised"
is a fundamentally flawed concept. The water level drops a few inches and
suddenly the "pipe" is no longer water filled or only parts of it. Other
parts of the cave will become pressurised after a rain that fills the
cave with water?

The fact that it has been approved only demonstates that our approval process
is defying reality and physics <g>

Richard